While the commission may affect the order in which we place the links and service information, it does not affect the evaluation and estimation of the services in our reviews. Please, do not consider the order of information arrangement and links to services as an advertisement from us. asianbrides.org does not provide reviews and comparison of all existing services and products. Please note that you can also use other services, not only those reviewed by us.
MalaysianCupid Review: Reliable Service or Fraud?
- It is affordable
- It is safe and secure
- Bland mobile application compatible with Android devices only
- Users remain unverified
How it works
You cannot browse Malaysian girls without registration. It is a bit inconvenient since you cannot evaluate the quality of profiles in advance. To register an account, you should take the following steps:
- Go to the MalaysianCupid website and press the join button.
- After that, you will get the registration form. You should enter your name, your sex, and the sex of your future dates. Enter a valid email address and create a password. Since you may receive lots of emails from MalaysianCupid, it is better to create a separate email address for dating platforms. Make sure the password is strong enough. You can also sign up using your Facebook account. MalaysianCupid states that you will not receive any notifications on your Facebook page. After you fill all the forms, click on the View Singles button.
- The platform will suggest you upload photos at the start. You can skip this part or pick the pictures from your PC or Facebook.
- Here is your account. You can adjust the search setting right at the start. You can select the location and the age of your future partner. However, it will be better to complete your profile in the first place. You should click on the profile settings in the upper right corner. As you see, there are personality, interests, and hobbies sections. You should complete them to get maximum attention from the ladies. Your account settings section is in the upper right corner as well.
- Here you can adjust notifications, update your email address, set a location, and preferred language. You can also upgrade your membership in this section.
On the MalaysianCupid site, you can set incredibly specified parameters for your dates.
The advanced search allows you to specify:
- Appearance. Adjust height, weight, body mass index, hair color, eye color, hair type, etc.
- Lifestyle. You can specify whether your partner has children, smokes, drinks, wants to relocate, is married or single, etc.
- Level of English.
- Star sign.
- Intentions (friendship, marriage, dating, pen friendship).
Cupid tags work as keywords briefly describing your personality and appearance. You should add at least five tags to your profile to complete this section and get a higher rating. To add keywords, you should go to the Cupid Tag section of your profile and press the search tags button. Here you will have hundreds of keywords touching all aspects of life.
There are three membership plans on the MalaysianCupid website:
- Standard. It offers minimum functions. You start with the standard membership. You can send unlimited interests to other members and start a conversation if either gold or platinum user replies to you. With a standard subscription, you cannot start a chat with unpaid members.
- Gold. There are many more features available. For example, you can disable advertisements, hide your profile, use live chat, and send unlimited messages.
- Platinum. Advanced features are available, including automated message translation, higher ranking, etc.
You can see the full set of MalaysianCupid features below.
You can verify your identity by uploading the following documents:
- Driving license
- National ID Card
Once you submit the materials and get your status approved, you receive a verification label. It makes you more attractive to other users, as well.
The service is available on the go as well. You can download the application from Google Play for free.
MalaysianCupid reviews rate the app 4.1/5. However, the design is bland and outdated. Also, you will find out that text overlays images in many sections. It is incredibly inconvenient and annoying since you have to put a strain on your eyes to read essential profile info.
Most of the women reside in Malaysia. Men, to the contrary, are mostly from Europe and Northern America. Most of the girls do not bother to complete all the questionnaire sections to increase their results. You will find out that the advanced search does not work as well as you expect.
The site gives you recommendations according to the data from female profiles. If women leave their personality and interests sections empty, you will not see them in your results. Also, you will not meet as many verified profiles as you want. It is like 80% of the members ignore profile verification.
The prices on the MalaysianCupid website are reasonable and affordable. Gold membership prices are the following:
- $24.98 per month
- $49.99 per 3 months ($16.33 per month)
- $99.98 per year ($8.33 per month)
Platinum membership costs:
- $29.98 per month
- $59.99 per 3 months ($20 per month)
- $119.98 per year ($10 per month)
A yearly platinum subscription will be the most beneficial. You can use the following banking options:
- American Express
- Diners Club
MalaisyiaCupid warrants any sensitive information remains confidential and secure. It is true since there have not been any reviews complaining about transactions. The website holds the Thawte certificate, which ensures the MalaysianCupid website meets digital security standards. The site is also McAfee certified, which means it is free from malware.
So, in terms of digital security, MalaysianCupid is a reliable site. However, there is always a risk of meeting a scam profile. Most of the platform members remain unverified, and the website does not do anything to improve this situation. That is why you should think of your safety by yourself:
- Make sure you exclude fanatical and other sensitive information from your profile.
- Do not share any sensitive data with website members.
- Give preference to verified users.
- Make sure you notify your relatives and friends about your appointment location.
- Ask your dates for more photos.
What is MalaysianCupid?
It is a dating website focused on Malaysian women.
How much does MalaysianCupid cost?
It offers affordable prices, starting at $8.3 per month.
Is MalaysianCupid a Scam?
It is not a scam. It has operated for 20 years already.
Who owns MalaysianCupid?
Cupid Media owns the website.
Does MalaysianCupid have a mobile app?
It has a free mobile application available on Google Play.
How do I delete my MalaysianCupid account?
To delete your account, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to your profile settings.
- Go to the switch profile section and click the corresponding link.
- Enter your account password and include the reason for your profile cancellation.
- Press the switch off button.