- It has an extensive database with thousands of unique visits weekly.
- It offers affordable prices.
- It features a mobile application.
- English is not available.
- It is for Vietnamese and Japanese people mostly.
- Mobile App is in Vietnamese.
- PayPal is not supported.
Best sites like YmeetMe :
How it works
To start searching for Vietnamese women, you need to set up an account. However, if you do not speak Vietnamese, you will have to make some preparations. The site does not feature the English language.
You have to switch on English website translation. Take these steps with Google Chrome:
- Go to your Google Chrome settings, proceed to advanced settings. Go to the languages section. You need to add Vietnamese.
- After that, enable translation for pages that are not available in your language.
- Now you can use the website. Go to YmeetMe, and your browser will suggest you translate the website. Enable translation so that you can use the platform.
The Registration Process
To browse YmeetMe female profiles, take these steps:
- Click either on Google, Facebook, or Mobile registration. Since you use the Desktop version, stick to the Facebook or Google sign-up. The site will notify you that it will use your profile name, picture, and email during the registration. Therefore, you’d better set up a separate email address for making contacts on this website. It will send you tons of promotional letters afterwards.
- Proceed to the profile creation menu. You need to enter your name (real or nickname), select your sex, upload a picture (if there is no avatar on your email account), and choose your date of birth. You can upload your avatar later.
- Then, you have to fill the other form indicating your height, nationality (Vietnamese and Japanese are the only options available), and job information. Include the reason for registering on this website. Select the condition for marriage. All the fields, including your career info, are obligatory.
- You are a registered user now. You can proceed to your profile.
Profile and Search Specifics
YmeetMe will suggest you complete the profile right away. The interface is straightforward yet usual for a non-Asian person.
You can scroll down a bit and fill in the information about yourself. Like on any other dating platform, YmeetMe offers you to complete a questionnaire on your appearance, physique, origin, education, job, etc. It is up to you whether to include this info or not.
The more data you have, the more attractive you become to other users.
To activate the dashboard menu, you need to click on your avatar picture. Here you have your matches, settings, referral deals, etc. In this section, you can upgrade your membership.
To start searching for partners, you can switch between several sections, filtering users. Unlike most dating platforms, YmeetMe does not feature a lot of search options for standard members.
With standard membership, you can only set a country of origin and age for the recommended users. Advanced search settings are available for premium members only. To start a conversation with someone, you need to like him or her, and the user should display interest in you in return. In this case, completing your profile becomes vital. You will not get any responses if your profile does not contain appealing pictures.
Quick Pairing feature allows you to start a chat with a person without waiting for his or her interest. It requires money, however. Also, you can chat with a single person per day for free. If you want more communication, you have to purchase a subscription.
YmeetMe features a mobile application compatible with Android and iOS devices. You can install it from Google Play or App Store for free. YmeetMe reviews rate this app as 4.3/5. On the other hand, you cannot do anything with it since it is in Vietnamese, and no other language options are available.
Although the application has an appealing modern look, it is laggy and poorly designed. You will get many lags while using this app.
YmeetMe claims it has over a million registered users. Most of them reside in Vietnam and Japan. The side does not give information on gender proportion though. More than that, once you select your gender during sign-up, you cannot browse users of the same sex. Therefore, if you are a part of the LGBTQ community, you have no options on this website.
People on this platform are not eager to complete their profiles to the full. Once you start looking for matches, you will find out that most users fill out their age, nationality, and height only. That is why the advanced search does not work in reality.
YmeetMe accepts VND (Vietnam national currency). The website offers several subscription plans:
- 1 week at $4.99 (119,000 VND). Allows you to start a chat with 4 random people.
- 1 month at $8.35 (199,000 VND). Features 2 quick pairings.
- 3 months at $18.77 (447,000 VND). Offers 6 quick pairings.
- 6 months at $24.9 (594,000 VND). Suggests 12 quick pairings.
You can buy the website coins at the following prices:
- 180c at $2.94 (70,000 VND).
- 450c at $4.2 (100,000 VND).
- 1,200c at $8.4 (200,000 VND).
- 2,000c at $12.6 (300,000 VND).
As you see, this service is incredibly cheap. With a premium subscription though, you can:
- Communicate with all paired members.
- Be featured in the list of top-24 users.
- Send a special greeting to users you like.
- Send unlimited interests.
- Use advanced search.
You can make payments using debit, credit cards, and wire transfers. Vietnamese e-wallets are also available. However, the site does not support European e-wallets.
The website features an automated anti-fraud system. It reveals and bans suspicious customers. YmeetMe also applies a verification procedure for users. To get a verification label on their profiles, users have to:
- Provide identity proof.
- Verify the phone number.
- Prove their job position is real.
- Verify education status.
Therefore, the YmeetMe verification process is reliable. However, a few users complete it given that it is not obligatory.
What is YmeetMe?
YmeetMe is a niche dating platform for Vietnamese and Japanese users.
How much does YmeetMe cost?
Premium subscription starts at $4.99 per month.
Is YmeetMe a Scam?
It is not a scam. It is a legal business with headquarters in Vietnam and Japan.
Who owns YmeetMe?
Game Changer Ltd owns YmeetMe website and application.
Does YmeetMe have a mobile app?
It features a free mobile application compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
How do I delete my YmeetMe account?
To delete your Ymeetme account, you need to take these steps:
- Go to your profile settings.
- Press the Delete an Account button.
- Indicate the reason for the account deletion.
- Remove your account.